If you know me but at all, then you know I make a playlist for every major and minor event in my life (listen here in iTunes or Spotify). So, of course I made one for coming down with the coronavirus. At times I was so agitated and sick that I just wanted to listen to something to take me to another place, with some old favorites sprinkled in for comfort. Fair warning: you will never escape my Emo tendencies on one of my playlists.
I’m much better now, but I’m finding that I still really enjoy this collection, so I decided to post it for you guys. I think it could be a nice break from the isolating monotony and might give you a fun distraction today. So have a listen and enjoy and wash your hands and be well.
1. Dua Lupa - Break My Heart
2. To Die For - Sam Smith
3. Florence & the Machine - Shake It Out
4. Talos - In Time
5. Coldplay - Us Against the World
6. The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky
7. SHAED - Trampoline
8. Carlie Hanson - Side Effects
9. The 1975 - Paris
10. Billie Eilish - No Time to Die
11. Ben Lee - No Room To Bleed
12. Peter Gabriel - San Jacinto
13. Depeche Mode - Home
14. Christopher Cross - Ride Like the Wind
15. Mumford and Sons - Ghosts That We Knew
16. Styx - Come Sail Away
17. U2 - MLK
Paid subscriptions allow me to keep publishing critical and informative work that is often made available to the public. If you like this piece and you want to support independent journalism from a female perspective, you can forward this article to others or send a gift a subscription to someone else today.
Amee Vanderpool writes the “Shero” Newsletter and is an attorney, contributor to magazines and newspapers and analyst for BBC radio. She can be reached at email@example.com or follow her on Twitter @girlsreallyrule.