Everyone Can Apply for Trump's Slush Funds
A new announcement from acting Attorney General Todd Blanche means that the floodgates for "retribution" payments should open at any moment. Let's see if we can help that along...

Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche told members of a US Congressional Hearing yesterday that the new $1.8 billion “Anti-Weaponization Fund” that Trump has created to pay individuals who believe they were targeted politically, that anyone who “believes they are a victim of weaponization” is eligible to apply.
Blanche, who also serves in the very improper double role of representing Donald Trump in criminal matters, is responsible for appointing all five members of the slush fund commission to oversee who will receive compensation. As of this moment, there is no restriction for anyone applying, and that includes a felony conviction for violence, specifically participating in storming the US Capitol on January 6th.
I have decided to apply myself, and I have included a template in this article to encourage you to do the same. I will be using the example set by Michael Caputo, who has just filed the first claim for “weaponization” retribution. The fact that a long-time ally of Trump’s in good standing, who served as Spokesman for Health and Human Services during Trump’s first term, is making the first attempt at recovering damages makes this entire scheme feel even more illicit. At this point, the farce seems so far gone that I wouldn’t put it past Trump or any of his family members to make up an alias and put on a mask to stand in line to apply.
The following is a rousing few paragraphs from the Department of Justice website announcing the fund:
“The machinery of government should never be weaponized against any American, and it is this Department’s intention to make right the wrongs that were previously done while ensuring this never happens again,” said Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche. “As part of this settlement, we are setting up a lawful process for victims of lawfare and weaponization to be heard and seek redress.”
The use of government power to target individuals or entities for improper and unlawful political, personal, or ideological reasons should not be tolerated by any Administration,” said Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General Trent McCotter.
The Fund will have the power to issue formal apologies and monetary relief owed to claimants. Submission of a claim is voluntary. There are no partisan requirements to file a claim. Any money left when the Fund ceases operations will revert to the Federal Government.”
Below is the perfect “cut-and-paste” template for writing your own letter. If you intend to post this on social media, I would encourage you to take care with all your personal information. This is the perfect opportunity to get creative and make a point.
Here is the template if you would like to submit your own claim:
[Name here]
The Honorable Todd Blanche
Acting Attorney General
US Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530
(202) 727-3400
[date]
Dear Acting Attorney General Blanche,
As survivors of the damage and trauma suffered from both the first and second Trump administrations, I was encouraged by news of the Anti-Weaponization Fund. I was a victim of the US Capitol riots, which were a direct result of the inflammatory rhetoric and call to violence from then-President Donald J. Trump on January 20, 2021. As soon Trump was inaugurated in 2017, and again in 2025, his FBI initiated false and secret criminal investigations into innocent Americans.
The stress and pressure of these many years of Trump investigations through the “machinery of government” was clearly politically weaponized against my family from early in 2016, and continues today. This years-long assault on my work, mind, and faith in the Democracy of America has drained my emotional savings, destroyed all peace of mind, stunted my career in many aspects, wrecked my health, and wreaked far more havoc on my family.
They found nothing, yet America has lost everything. I respectfully request [your amount] million in restitution to help repair what remains. The costs of the decade-long attack are difficult to enumerate, so expect this amount to change. There are thousands of families just like mine, all remnants of political weaponization, who look forward to recovering under this commission.
Sincerely,
[Name here]
The email address for the Attorney General is oag@dc.gov, so I would be sure to utilize the subject line with Attn: Acting Attorney General Todd Blance
I can’t wait to see how creative you all get with your claims for damages!
Amee Vanderpool writes the SHERO Newsletter and is an attorney, published author, contributor to newspapers and magazines and analyst for BBC radio. She can be reached at avanderpool@gmail.com or follow her on Twitter @girlsreallyrule.
Paid subscriptions allow me to keep publishing critical and informative work that is sometimes made available to the public — thank you. If you like this piece and you want to further support independent journalism, you can forward this article to others, get a paid subscription if you don’t already have one or send a gift subscription to someone else today.


Who could make millions from Trump's $1.8 Billion slush fund from stealing your tax dollars? Check this map of Jan 6th Insurrectionists, pedophiles, Trump mega donors, Clarence Thomas and White Christian Nationalists.
https://thedemlabs.org/blog/?search=Jan%206